3.5mm sockets in breakout boards

Moderator: flatmax

Post Reply
moggyd
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:09 pm

3.5mm sockets in breakout boards

Post by moggyd » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi,

I assume that I can solder a 3.5mm socket to the supplied breakout boards. If so what is the spec?

Would these do the trick?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Pcs-5-Pin ... SwC~dZxGnK

Is there a 6.5mm socket that will fit, or is a different breakout needed?

moggyd
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Re: 3.5mm sockets in breakout boards

Post by moggyd » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:45 pm

Also - what is the spec of the potentiometer used?

10k? Linear or log?

jessecobra
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:53 pm

Re: 3.5mm sockets in breakout boards

Post by jessecobra » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:22 pm


jessecobra
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:53 pm

Re: 3.5mm sockets in breakout boards

Post by jessecobra » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:44 am

moggyd wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:45 pm
Also - what is the spec of the potentiometer used?

10k? Linear or log?
BUMP!

moggyd
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Re: 3.5mm sockets in breakout boards

Post by moggyd » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:49 am

No "official" reply yet but I dug out my multimeter and took a look at my card - the full size version, not the zero version.

Input pot is 50K output pot is 100K. Not sure whether 50K on the input would be valid on the zero card as it apparently does not have the input 6dB limithttp://forum.audioinjector.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3129.

Hard to tell if they're linear or log, (probably log) but I doubt this matters much.

flatmax
Posts: 609
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Re: 3.5mm sockets in breakout boards

Post by flatmax » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:53 pm

moggyd wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:52 pm
Hi,

I assume that I can solder a 3.5mm socket to the supplied breakout boards. If so what is the spec?

Would these do the trick?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Pcs-5-Pin ... SwC~dZxGnK

Is there a 6.5mm socket that will fit, or is a different breakout needed?
Yes they look very similar - I think pj313 is the code word for these connectors.
The 6.5mm socket has the following specs ...
specs.png
ce 6.35 socket
specs.png (182.17 KiB) Viewed 5561 times
I can't find them - they were sent to me from China a while ago from the electronics market - I think they are most likely a common footprint.
Check out our audiophile quality crossovers : https://bit.ly/2kb1nzZ
Please review the Zero sound card on Amazon USA : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075V1VNDD
---
Check out our new forum on github : https://github.com/Audio-Injector

flatmax
Posts: 609
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Re: 3.5mm sockets in breakout boards

Post by flatmax » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:55 pm

moggyd wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:45 pm
Also - what is the spec of the potentiometer used?

10k? Linear or log?
I use 100 k Ohms, and best to use Log, but I think you will find it works well with both types ... as long as the resistance isn't too low! 10 k Ohms should work well too.

Here are some example pots - some of them will work well :
https://www.digikey.com.au/products/en/ ... ageSize=25
Check out our audiophile quality crossovers : https://bit.ly/2kb1nzZ
Please review the Zero sound card on Amazon USA : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075V1VNDD
---
Check out our new forum on github : https://github.com/Audio-Injector

flatmax
Posts: 609
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Re: 3.5mm sockets in breakout boards

Post by flatmax » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:56 pm

moggyd wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:49 am
No "official" reply yet but I dug out my multimeter and took a look at my card - the full size version, not the zero version.

Input pot is 50K output pot is 100K. Not sure whether 50K on the input would be valid on the zero card as it apparently does not have the input 6dB limithttp://forum.audioinjector.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3129.

Hard to tell if they're linear or log, (probably log) but I doubt this matters much.
Yep - I think you're right!
Check out our audiophile quality crossovers : https://bit.ly/2kb1nzZ
Please review the Zero sound card on Amazon USA : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075V1VNDD
---
Check out our new forum on github : https://github.com/Audio-Injector

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests