Can the RCA inputs be used at all?

Moderator: flatmax

dietslurm

Can the RCA inputs be used at all?

Post by dietslurm » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:51 am

Can the RCA inputs be used at all, using any language?
Python, C, C++? command line?

How?

Nothing I've done gets anything from the RCA inputs to the
RCA outputs or the stereo jack. If I can get something from
the RCA inputs to either of the stereo jack or the RCA outputs
then maybe I can get some use out of this.

Thx.

j.

wh7qq

Re: Can the RCA inputs be used at all?

Post by wh7qq » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Check out the setup instructions: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3. You will need to do some configuring in alsamixer and then use something like Audacity to record the output to file. I don't remember it...been too long ago that I set mine up. Also, you may need to crank the input control all the way up, depending on what you have connected there. My experience is that line level inputs blast away but the RIAA preamp from my turntable needs some additional boosting. I am not sure if you can monitor the output from the line outputs.

juancarbone

Post by juancarbone » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:58 am

Hi!
Have you tried the following?
1) Pause playback in progress (if any).
2) By the console write the following command: alsaloop

dietslurm

Post by dietslurm » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Heh. I've lost track of who it was gave me the correct answer, but here is the correct answer:

Run this before you try to use the RCA inputs.

/usr/sbin/alsactl --file /usr/share/doc/audioInjector/asound.state.RCA.thru.test restore

The card will revert back to the default when it can. So you may have to do this as part of your program.

Thanks to whomever it was that helped me. I only just now was able to run a "production" test.

j.

Premendra

Post by Premendra » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:44 am

Hi ALL,
I bought this board today, could anyone please let me know which Raspberry image I should use to test with this sound card ?

_Prem

wh7qq

Post by wh7qq » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Premendra wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:44 am
Hi ALL,
I bought this board today, could anyone please let me know which Raspberry image I should use to test with this sound card ?

_Prem

You are hijacking on the OP and should have put this in a new request but you should use the most recent Raspbian image. As of this date, I suggest https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_latest. It lacks certain "suggested" software that mainly bloats the install and can be added any time using the Menu>Preferences>Recommended Software if you so desire. Then, follow the instructions at the top of this forum to the letter...read carefully.