Two mono electret mics for stereo recording with Raspberry Pi 3

Moderator: flatmax

justmearun

Two mono electret mics for stereo recording with Raspberry Pi 3

Post by justmearun » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Hello, I am new to Stereo recording. 1. Can I use the zero sound card for stereo recording with two electret microphones on a raspberry pi 3 B? 2. Can I use the stereo line in somehow? I need to use the two microphones externally.

jreijniers

Re: Two mono electret mics for stereo recording with Raspberry Pi 3

Post by jreijniers » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:59 pm

Hello, I am interested in a similar question. I have to record in stereo using two electret microphones on a Raspberry Pi Zero. Is there a way to do this using the ‘Zero Form Factor Sound Card’? As I understand it, there is only one powered microphone connection. Would it be possible to use the powered mic-connection to only power the two microphones, and use the line-in to record both microphones? And if so, do you have an idea on the additional circuitry that is needed? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jreijniers

Re: Two mono electret mics for stereo recording with Raspberry Pi 3

Post by jreijniers » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:02 pm

Hello, I am interested in a similar question. I have to record in stereo using two electret microphones on a Raspberry Pi Zero. Is there a way to do this using the ‘Zero Form Factor Sound Card’? As I understand it, there is only one powered microphone connection. Would it be possible to use the powered mic-connection to only power the two microphones, and use the line-in to record both microphones? And if so, do you have an idea on the additional circuitry that is needed? Any help would be greatly appreciated!