Guitar Input

Moderator: flatmax

shabtonic

Guitar Input

Post by shabtonic » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi All

I bought the Stereo Soundcard on Amazon.

I want to use it in a Guitar-FX project I'm currently planning.

I'd like to be able to input HI-Z guitar via the usual 1/4" jack.

I have a old android mic to guitar adapter ( https://www.staggmusic.com/en/products/view/GB2IP10 )- 4 input post via a 3.5mm jack (headphone out LR + mic input + ground) to 1/4" guitar jack. I suspect the actual jack socket has a passive Hi-Z to Low-Z transformer built in - not confirmed yet - probably rip it apart in a few days.

I'd like to be able to de-solder the electret mic on the stereo soundcard board and solder on the HI-z -> Low-z Jack. Wondering
of it's possible - I know a electret needs dc power - wondering if the mic eventually goes to a non-powered mic input? It Would be awesome if I could have line-in and guitar in for extra flexibility! I know the worse case is to use a cheap pedal as a line-in buffer or but a cheap passive DI box.

I'm also gonna code bare-metal if possible - I've researched all the stuff needed so far and it seems do-able, no-body wants a Guitar-FX that take 12+ seconds to boot up :P

Still havn't decided on a Screen yet - I'd love a capacitive touch screen for this project!

many thanks

Shabby