OpenWRT driver for Onion Omega 2

Moderator: flatmax

emuman100

OpenWRT driver for Onion Omega 2

Post by emuman100 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:12 pm

The Audioinjector has an OpenWRT driver for Raspberry Pi, but it utilizes the Raspberry Pi i2c and i2s driver and is compiled for the Broadcom processor architecture.

So, I'm looking to get an Audioinjector Zero working for recording on an Onion Omega2, a MIPS-based IoT computer that uses the MT7688. It looks like flatmax has already written a driver for OpenWRT, but it utilizes the Raspberry Pi's bcm driver for both i2s and i2c. I found it here.

Flatmax,

I know you wrote the driver and the pinout of the Audioinjector is not pin compatible with the Onion Omega2, but did you explore the possibility of adding a driver? Has anyone else explored this?

I did some more research and found out that the i2s driver is called ralink-i2s. I believe that rewriting the Audioinjector driver to use the ralink-i2s driver and the Omega i2c driver should do the trick, as the WM8731 is supported in OpenWRT. This thread seems to give a better explanation about how to do it.

emuman100

Re: OpenWRT driver for Onion Omega 2

Post by emuman100 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:42 pm

I found the patch to include the driver in OpenWRT. It can be found here. In OpenWRT, it looks like the MT76x8 driver is merged with the MT7620.